05 March 2011

Productivity . . .

The one thing that has surprised me so far about this little experiment is how little I am actually missing T.V.  When I was deciding whether or not to do this it was a real struggle.  Besides knowing that I would miss out on college football in the fall and every other major sporting event between now and then (ah!  just remembered The Master's) but there were several shows that I got real enjoyment out of that I would put in the safe to watch category.  Most of them were on Discovery, History or TLC.  I don't know why, but I felt a real attachment to the shows I watched.  It was very sad to think that I was no longer going to spend time with them.  Like they were my friends I was moving away.  I may sound crazy, but pick your favorite shows, the ones you are totally engrossed in and see if you wouldn't miss them.  It hasn't been all that bad, though.

The biggest opportunity that  has presented itself is a lot of "extra" time.  Last week, I told you about how the internet was starting to make it's move to take T.V.'s place.  I'm happy to let you know that my internet usage is at a safe, normal level and that I am not an addict.  I have found plenty of productive activities to fill my time.

It may not seem like it since this weeks post is a few days late, but without T.V. I definitely get more done. I am not going to detail my week for you,  but a lot was accomplished at home, and at work.

I can't wait to tell you about what has been occupying my thoughts lately, but that will have to wait a few days.  Until then - what you watchin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment